Thursday, January 14, 2010

Free SVG Cupcake Outline

I decided to attempt etching a mug. I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I think it came out pretty well.

I first drew the cupcake outline and saved it as an SVG. Using SCAL, I imported the file and cut it out on contact paper using my Cricut. After applying the contact paper to the mug I layered the etching cream on the mug. After a few minutes it was done! I did drop some etching cream on the mug and didn't realize it so there is a spot on the lower part of the mug. Other than that, I like the way it came out. If you would like to attempt the cupcake outline you can download the files here. I would love to see what you make with the cupcake file. Post your images on the flickr group!

Materials used:
- Cricut
- glass mug
- Armour Etch
- contact paper
- foam brush


Before:


After:

No comments:

Post a Comment